United States Virginia Fairfax Parish
Fairfax Parish has served Fairfax County, Virginia. The Falls Church fell within the bounds of Fairfax Parish and earlier, Truro Parish. Christ Church in Alexandria also fell under the jurisdiction of Fairfax Parish.
Burials at Christ Church in Alexandria began as early as 1767. A survey of the graves at this cemetery was published in 1992. FHL Book 975.5296 V3p v. 3 (Volume III, Pages 133-159).
Rev. George S. Somerville's history of The Old Falls Church, Fairfax County, Virginia (1907) has been digitized by Google Books.
Helen Norris Cummings's history of Christ Church, Alexandria, Virginia (1907) has been digitized by Google Books.
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- ↑ "The Falls Church," in National Register of Historic Places Inventory, p. 8, accessed 17 February 2011.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Wesley E. Pippenger, Tombstone Inscriptions of Alexandria, Virginia (Westminster, Md.: Family Line Publications, 1992).
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 129-133.
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 134-138.
|Links to Virginia-related articles (see also West Virginia-related articles)|
gone to KY
gone to WV
Bristol Public Library · Germanna Foundation Library · Handley Regional Library · Historical Society of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) · Historical Society of Washington, D.C. · John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library at Colonial Williamsburg · Jones Memorial Library · Library of Congress (Washington, DC) · Library of Virginia · Mary Ball Washington Museum and Library · Maryland State Archives (Annapolis, MD) · National Archives I (Washington, DC) · National Archives II (College Park, MD) · National Archives at Philadelphia (PA) · National Genealogical Society · New York Public Library (New York City, NY) · Pennsylvania State Archives (Harrisburg, PA) · Portsmouth Public Library · Roanoke County Public Library · Salisbury University Edward H. Nabb Research Center for Delmarva History and Culture (Salisbury, MD) · Santa Cruz Public Library Downtown (Santa Cruz, CA) · University of Virginia Library · Virginia Department of Health · Virginia Historical Society · Virginia Theological Seminary · Washington National Records Center (Suitland, MD) · William and Mary College Swem Library