Eureka County, Nevada Genealogy
Guide to Eureka County Nevada genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Eureka County, Nevada|
Location of Nevada in the U.S.
|Founded||March 1, 1873|
|Address|| 701 S Main Street |
PO Box 677
Eureka, NV 89316-0677
Eureka County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Church Records
- 2.4 Court Records
- 2.5 Directories
- 2.6 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.7 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.8 Gazetteers
- 2.9 Genealogy
- 2.10 History
- 2.11 Land and Property
- 2.12 Maps
- 2.13 Migration
- 2.14 Military
- 2.15 Newspapers
- 2.16 Obituaries
- 2.17 Probate
- 2.18 Public Records
- 2.19 Repositories
- 2.20 Taxation
- 2.21 Vital Records
- 2.22 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 1 March 1873 from Lander
- County Seat: Eureka 
- Neighboring Counties: Elko | Lander | Nye | White Pine
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
The county recorder's office keeps land records once the land was transferred to private ownership. Abstracts and indexes for these records are generally available at the county courthouse.
In the FamilySearch Catalog, land records for Nevada are listed in the Place Search under: NEVADA, Eureka – LAND AND PROPERTY
Early migration routes to and from Eureka County, Nevada Genealogy for emigrant settlers included:
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Central Pacific Railroad since 1869 from Ogden, Utah to Sacramento, California
- Central Overland Trail 1859-1869 from Salt Lake City, Utah to Carson City, Nevada through central Nevada on a route south of the Humboldt River]
Eureka County Courthouse
701 S Main Street PO Box 677
Eureka, NV 89316-0677
County Recorder has birth, marriage, death, burial and land records.
County Clerk has divorce, probate and court records from 1874. 
Family History Centers
- Eureka County Historical Society
31 S Main St. St 1
P. O. Box 283
Eureka, Nevada 89316
Phone: (775) 237-6006
Over 1,031 marriages from 22 Feb 1870 to 8 Feb 1936 are listed in the Western States Marriage Index.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 2 August 2011).
- Wikipedia contributors, "First Transcontinental Railroad" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Transcontinental_Railroad (accessed 2 August 2011).
- Wikipedia contributors, "Central Overland Route" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Overland_Route (accessed 4 August 2011).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Eureka County, Oregon page 442, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.