England Educational Opportunities
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:56, 14 October 2008 by Rdhill (added event for 14-15 October 2008 at Family History Library)
- 5 June 2008 Living the Poor Life. This free evening seminar reveals ways to make 19th century poor law union correspondence easier for family and local history research. Visit Archives for London and click on the events tab for details on how to register for this free seminar.
- 7 June 2008 Sunderland History Fair, a festival of local history and heritage. For more information email: sunderland. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5-19 July 2008 YorksGen 2008
- 19 July 2008 The Halstead Trust Seminar on Family History Research at Eastergate, West Sussex, England
- 29-31 August 2008 They Way We Were at University of Essex, Colchester
- 13 September 2008 The National Family History Fair at Gateshead International Stadium
- 13-14 September 2008 Sussex Archaeological Society Conference People and Place: Landscape and Identity through Time
- 4 October 2008 Suffolk Family History Fair
- 6-10 October 2008 The British Institute at Salt Lake City. Courses include Ecclesiastical Records In British Research
- 14-15 October 2008 Colin R. Chapman, one of the foremost British genealogists today, will give two lectures at the Family History Library in downtown Salt Lake City on Tuesday, October 14, at 12:30 PM (Was Your Ancestor Really Married? Marriage Laws, Rites, Records, and Customs), and Wednesday, October 15, at 1:00 PM (Genealogy in Early British Censuses, 1086 to 1841). Seating is limited. Pre-register by calling 801-240-4950 (to leave a message) or send an email to FHLClassReg@ldschurch.org.
- 1 November 2008 Scarsdale Local History Fair, The Winding wheel, Holywell Street, Chesterfield, 10am to 4pm. Admission free.
- 12-16 January 2009 The Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy will be held at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. The Institute offers a week of in-depth instruction by expert genealogists in ten courses, including a course on English Research coordinated by David E. Rencher, AG, CG, FUGA, FIGRS. Visit Utah Genealogical Association for details and registration.
- 25 January 2009 The Bracknell Family History Fair Bracknell Leisure Centre
- 29-31 August 2009 Open the door and here are the people
email email@example.com to register your interest