England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
! To Add Information
This page is created for the use of FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems. If you wish to comment, scroll down and on the right-hand side of the screen choose Discussion to post your comment.
Question #1:Archdeaconry of Norfolk records for the Year 1818 Parish Ranges H-Y, and Year 1819 Parish Ranges A-R are not available online.
Answer #1: The records can be viewed on microfilm #1471054 at FamilySearch centers. Items 1-4 of this film contain records for Parishes H-Y for the Year 1818, and items 5-8 are for the year 1819, Parishes A-R (“Bishop's transcripts for the Archdeaconry of Norfolk, 1686-1941” microfilm collection).
Question #2: Although the collection framework organizes Norfolk County records first by Archdeaconry and then by Year, some Year collections include records for several different years. Also, the original record pages may be out of sequence as they appear in sequential images. Examples follow:
- In the Archdeaconry of Norfolk record collection for Year 1856, Parish Range T-Y; many records between Images 70 and 201 are for years 1853, 1854, 1855, or 1857.
- Archdeaconry of Norfolk Thurlton Parish records with dates ranging from 1838-1842 are included in the Year 1842 collection; and those records are missing from Thurlton records in the collections for Years 1838, 1839, 1840, and 1841.
- In the Archdeaconry of Norfolk Year 1842 collection, Thurlton Parish records that appear in Images 32, 33, and 34 include Register pages 41, 44, 45, 42, 43, and 22—in that order.
Answer #2: Original parish records should be searched when available. When searching this Bishop’s Transcripts collection, if a record cannot be found in the Year collection and record sequence expected, the search should be broadened as indicated above.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, e-mail us at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
○ The name of this collection.
○ If browsing this collection, please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurs. Example: England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941> Norfolk > Archdeaconry of Norwich > 1825 > D-K > Image 177 of 285
○ If you are reporting a technical issue, please include your operating system and browser version (i.e. Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8)
Click here to return to the Wiki Learn More page for England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops’ Transcripts, or click here to go to the England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941 collection in FamilySearch.org.