England, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: Three of Lancashire, Leigh (St Mary) records indicating baptism, marriages and burials are included. Is this correct?
Answer #1: Although the links for these Leigh (St Mary) record sets indicate that they include baptism, marriage, and burial records, only the 1661-1744 collection includes all three Record Types. Records included in the other sets are as follows:
- Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1744-1781 includes christenings up to Image #245, and burials from Image #246-373.
- Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1782-1797 includes christenings up to Image #180, and burials from Image #181-201.
Question #2: The records in Lancashire > Bury (St. Mary) > Baptisms, Burials, 1813-1820 do not match the description. Where are the remaining records?
Answer #2: The records are mislabeled. It should read Lancashire > Bury (St. Mary) > Baptisms, 1813-1817 and then another group Lancashire > Bury (St John) > Baptisms, 1813-1820
Question #3: Where are the marriages in Lancashire > Bury > Baptism, Marriages, Burials 1782-1799?
Answer #3: The records are mislabeled. There are no marriages in this group of records.
Question #4: Are some Lancashire records missing or out of order?
Answer #4: Some records are missing or out of order in the following collections. Missing records are not available on microfilm.
- Lancashire, Harpurhey (Christ Church), Burials 1897 to 1900: The image of Page 61 (burial record numbers 481-488) is missing.
- Lancashire, Great Lever (St Bartholomew), Baptisms, 1879-1899: The image of Page 7 (baptism record numbers 49-56) is missing, and Pages 1-30 are not in sequence.
- Lancaster>Hollinwood (St Margaret)>Baptisms 1826-1836: Images of Pages 121, 122, 123,124, 129, 130, 131, 132, 141, 142, 143, 144 are missing
- Lancashire> Castleton Moor (St Martin)>Marriages, 1890-1911: The image of Page 65 is missing
- Lancashire > Chadderton (St Matthew) > Marriages, 1872-1877: The image of Page 248 is missing
Question #5: How can I see the full images for Lancashire, Granby Row, St. Simon and St. Jude, Baptisms 1842-1849, images 107, 121, and 123?
Answer #5: The full images are not currently available. The pages only contain the first 6-7 records.
Question #6: Many of the indexes in this collection have images attached but many others do not. How can I see the images associated with all the indexes?
Answer #6: Only images and browse points are shown where the contract with the owner of the records permits them to be shown. Those that are not available cannot be shown due to contract restrictions.
Question #7: The indexed records for film 2357393, digital folder number: 00449782 show the event place as Deane, Bolton, Lancashire, England. Is this correct?
Answer #7: These records are from Farnworth with Kearsley which, at one time, was part of the of Parish of Deane
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: England, Lancashire, Ches...rish Registers, 1603-1910 > Lancashire > Harpurhey (St Stephen) > Marriages, 1901-1905 > Image 20 of 50
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the England, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the England, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Parish Registers, 1603-1910 collection at FamilySearch.org.