Difference between revisions of "Enfield St Andrew, Middlesex Genealogy"
(parish register search box)
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
*Presbyterians <ref>Samuel Lewis, ed. "Elyhaugh - Enfield," In ''[[A Topographical Dictionary of England]]'' 173-177. (London: S. Lewis and Co., 1848), Online [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50948 | here], (accessed: 21 May 2010).</ref>
== Resources ==
== Resources ==
Revision as of 07:10, 1 March 2012
Enfield St. Andrew, was an ancient parish, in the union and hundred of Edmonton, County of Middlesex. It lay 10 miles north and east of the City of London. It had several district chapels within it including--
- St Aldhelm, Lower Edmonton - 1885
- St James Green-Street Ponder's End
- St Luke, Browning Road - 1898
- Jesus District Chapel, Forty Hill - 1832
- Christ Church Trent
Enfield St Andrew had within its boundaries the following dissenting chapels:
- Wesleyans Methodists
- Presbyterians 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Samuel Lewis, ed. "Elyhaugh - Enfield," In A Topographical Dictionary of England 173-177. (London: S. Lewis and Co., 1848), Online | here, (accessed: 21 May 2010).
- London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as St Andrew in Enfield Borough. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Enfield St Andrew in Enfield Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Enfield St Andrew in Enfield Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Enfield St Andrew in Enfield Borough. Partially indexed.