Ellsworth County, Kansas Genealogy
Ellsworth County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Ellsworth County, Kansas|
| Map of Kansas highlighting Ellsworth County|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|Address|| Ellsworth County Courthouse|
210 N. Kansas Ave.
Ellsworth, Kansas 67439-0396
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Ellsworth County Courthouse
210 N Kansas Ave; PO Box 396
Ellsworth, KS 67439
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records.
City Clerk has death and burial records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
County Court has court records
Register of Deeds has land records. 
- 1867--Ellsworth County was created 26 February 1867 from Marion County and unorganized territory.
County seat: Ellsworth 
Kanopolis Cemetery Index gives:
- Date of birth
- D of death
- Plot Owner
- For information about Civil War records see Marion County.
Societies and Libraries
J.H. Robbins Library, Ellsworth: Library holdings can be searched in Pathfinder Central. The library may have cataloged unique items related to genealogy and local history, in addition to published works for this area.
Lang Memorial Library, Wilson: Library holdings can be searched in Pathfinder Central. The library may have cataloged unique items related to genealogy and local history, in addition to published works for this area.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ellsworth County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ellis County, Kansas page 250, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).