Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:52, 19 November 2020 by Terriethomas (Created page with "===5. Writing to the Civil Registry of a Municipality=== *'''''Juzgado de la Paz''''' or '''''Oficina del Registro Civil ''''' should be contacted if a certificate copy reques...")
5. Writing to the Civil Registry of a Municipality[edit | edit source]
- Juzgado de la Paz or Oficina del Registro Civil should be contacted if a certificate copy request to the Ministerio de Justicia fails.
- Use the following address, filling in the parentheses with the specific information for your town:
- Find the Spain postal code here.
- Write a brief request to the proper office. Send the following:
- Full name and the sex of the person sought.
- Names of the parents, if known.
- Approximate date and place of the event.
- Your relationship to the person.
- Reason for the request (family history, medical, etc.).
- Request for a photocopy of the complete original record.
- Check or cash for the search fee (usually about $10.00).
Write your request in Spanish whenever possible. For writing your letter in Spanish, use the translated questions and phrases in this Spanish Letter-writing Guide.