Edgewood New Mexico Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map: 18 County Rd, 7, Edgewood, NM 87015
- Located south of Walgreens
- Family History Center entrance is located at the southeast door of the church building. May need to ring bell for entrance to the Family History Center.''.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: 505-281-5384 (call during Family History Center hours)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 am to 3 pm and 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Call in case of inclement weather
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last two weeks of December
- Other sporadic closings through the year.
Calendar and Events
- Wednesday, Sept 28, 10:30 am - Organizing Your Family History Records
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Edgewood, NM Family History Center has a collection of microfilm and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 computer stations with ''printer access
- 3 microfilm/microfiche readers'
- Free access to subscription based Internet web sites, Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
- Genealogy software programs, forms, research outlines, word lists, etc., available at cost.
- Free Classes
What We Do:
- Provide Research Help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
- P'rovide Training. See the class schedule above.
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)