Edgewood New Mexico Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 18 County Rd, 7, Edgewood, NM 87015
- Located south of Walgreens
- Location on Map
Phone: 505-281-5384 (call during Family History Center hours)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 am to 3 pm and 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- 2nd and 4th Sunday: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm (will be closed Sundays in May)
- Call in case of inclement weather
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last two weeks of December
- Other sporadic closings through the year.
Calendar and Events
Wednesday, May 15 at 10:30 am, "Taming the Paper Monster"
Wednesday, June 19 at 10:30 am, "Immigration, Emigration and Migration"
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Edgewood, NM Family History Center has a collection of microfilm and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- FHC Portal. This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- printer access
- 3 microfilm/microfiche readers.
- Free access to subscription based Internet web sites, Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
- Genealogy software programs, forms, research outlines, word lists, etc., available at cost.
- Free Classes
What We Do:
- Provide Research Help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
- Provide Training. See the class schedule above.
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)