Edgecombe County, North Carolina Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:08, 25 December 2010 by Taneya (jenkins pamphlet 1864)
|Edgecombe County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Land records prior to 1759 are among those of Halifax County.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Rocky Mount
- [Boddie] Leary, Helen F.M. "The Two William Boddies of North Carolina," The American Genealogist, Vol. 66, No. 1 (Jan. 1991):16-29; Vol. 62, No. 2 (Apr. 1991):106-110; Vol. 66, No. 3 (Jul. 1991):148-153. Available at FHL.
- Pamphlet: To the citizens and soldiers of Edgecomb County : I respectfully announce myself a candidate for the office of Sheriff of Edgecomb county (1864) by J.B Jenkins - full-text online via the Internet Archive
- Edgecombe County students at North Carolina colleges - a list alphabetized by surname from the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index.
Societies and Libraries
- Edgecombe County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).