Eaton, Norfolk Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Norwich|
|Parish registers: 1568|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1706|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean & Chapter of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
EATON-ST. ANDREW, a parish in Norwich district, Norfolk; within Norwich city. 
Eaton St Andrew and Christchurch is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The medieval thatched church is the only thatched church in Norwich and has a dramatic modern extension added to it.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Eaton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Eaton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 72/ 1-11, 13-14
Archdeacons transcripts, 1706-1812
|Baptisms, marriages and burials 1706-1812|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526837 Item 1
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Eaton on GenUKI
- Eaton Church and Parish Info
- Map View of Eaton Church
- photos of church and extension on Norfolk Churches
- John Marius Wilson Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales(1870-72) Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 22 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.