Eagle Idaho Family History Center
The Eagle Idaho Family History Center is staffed by Eagle Stake, Meridian North Stake and Star Stake. We invite everyone to come and visit our center. We look forward to helping you search your family history.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 3.1 Collections
- 3.2 Databases and Software
- 3.3 Hardware and Equipment
- 3.4 Center Services
- 3.5 Staff Research Specialties
- 3.6 (Include sections for any other services your center provides. Add additional sections for those services. See the Mesa and Logan FHC pages for examples.)
- 3.7 Resources in the Local Area
- 3.8 Idaho State Archives and Research Center -- 2205 Old Penitentiary Road, Boise Idaho,(208) 334-2620. Hours T - Sat. 10 AM - 4 PM
- 3.9 Western States Marriage Index, Idaho State Death Index 1911- 1956 and Eastern Idaho Death Records -- http://abish.byui.edu/specialcollections
- 3.10 Boise Public Library, newspapers and obituary collections -- www.boisepubliclibrary.org
- 3.12 Links
- 3.13 (Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
- 3.14 Links to PowerPoint files for classes taught at Eagle Family History Center:
- 3.15 Descendancy Research, Nola Serra, Instructor, January 19, 2012
- 3.16 Search Engine Basics, Nola Serra, Instructor, May 17, 2010
- 3.18 Volunteer at the Center
- 3.19 We are looking for those who have research skills and/or computer skills.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 2090 N Eagle Road, Eagle, Idaho 83616, United States
- Park on the southwest side of building. Use the southwest door labled "Family History Center"
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Daytime: Mon, Tue, Wed 9am-4pm;
Evening: Tue, Wed, Thu 6:30pm-9:30pm.
Holiday Schedule: Closed all major holidays, the week of Thanksgiving and two weeks at Christmas.
Calendar and Events
In September we will be a six-week course designed to help Ward Family History Consultants and Eagle Family History Center Staff learn their roles and increase their skills. It is important to begin training with the first class because each class is designed to build on knowledge received in the previous class. Each class will be presented twice weekly to better meet your schedule. Please don't stop coming if you miss a class - we will help you make it up individually.
Date Title Time
|Tuesday||Sep 4||My Role as a Family History Consultant||
|Thur||Sep 6||My Role as a Family History Consultant||
|Mon||Sep 10||The Tech Tools of Family History||
|Sep 13||The Tech Tools of Family History OR I Want To Find My Family - Where Do I Go?||7:00 PM|
|Sep 17||The Vision of Family Tree||1:00 PM|
|Sep 18||The Vision of Family Tree||7:00 PM|
|Mon||Sep 24||Research - Part I -The Pattern to Perfect The Family||1:00 PM|
|Thu||Sep 27||Research - Part I -The Pattern to Perfect The Family||7:00 PM|
|Mon||Oct 1||Research - Part II -Finding The Proof||1:00 PM|
|Thu||Oct 4||Research - Part II -Finding The Proof||7:00 PM|
|Mon||Oct 8||A Consultant's Role to Enable, Advise and Inspire||1:00 PM|
|Thu||Oct 11||A Consultant's Role to Enable, Advise and Inspire||7:00 PM|
The Eagle Family History Center will be closed November 18 to 24 for Thanksgiving Holiday.
Any class will be taught one-on-one. Call 208-319-1159 to set up an appointment.
Staff Training Meetings
3rd Thursday at the Eagle Family Center. Staff meeting at 6:30 PM. Training class open to everyone at 7:00 PM, usually held in a room down the hall.
The October Staff Meeting and Training will be on the Third Thursday October 18th as usual. It will begin at 6:30 p.m. and class will begin at 7:00 p.m. Class offered that evening will be "Learning and Loving Family Tree."
- Family History Library Catalog: The center has the ability to order films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Magazines: American Ancestors, FamilyTree, and Internet Genealogy. The center has over 300 microfilm and microfiche, many reference books and Daughters of Utah Pioneer books.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: The center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions: Ancestry, Fold3.com, WorldVital Records, Heritage Quest, FindMyPast, Familyhistorylink, Godfrey Memorial Library, Historical Maps, The American Civil War, Genline, TheGenealogist and 19th Century British Library Digital Newspaper Collection.
- The center also has access to GenealogyBank and American Ancestors.
- Software - Personal Ancestral File, PAF Companion, FamilyInsight, Roots Magic, Legacy, Ancestral Quest, Personal Historian, AniMap and Progeny.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 new Lenova computers with 23" screens
- 3 new multi function printers
- 1 scanner
- 5 Microfilm readers
- 1 Microfiche reader
- 1 Microfilm and microfiche copier
Staff Research Specialties
(Include sections for any other services your center provides. Add additional sections for those services. See the Mesa and Logan FHC pages for examples.)
Resources in the Local Area
Idaho State Archives and Research Center -- 2205 Old Penitentiary Road, Boise Idaho,(208) 334-2620. Hours T - Sat. 10 AM - 4 PM
Western States Marriage Index, Idaho State Death Index 1911- 1956 and Eastern Idaho Death Records -- http://abish.byui.edu/specialcollections
Boise Public Library, newspapers and obituary collections -- www.boisepubliclibrary.org
Links to PowerPoint files for classes taught at Eagle Family History Center:
Descendancy Research, Nola Serra, Instructor, January 19, 2012