Durham, Middlesex County, Connecticut Genealogy
First settled in 1699 by Guilford resident Caleb Seward, Durham was originally called Coginchaug by the Native Americans who lived near the swampy area.
Church of the Epiphany (accessed 27 November 2012): The town's Episcopal church, Epiphany has been in Durham since the 1800s.
The Church of Notre Dame (accessed 11 July 2012): Durham's Roman Catholic church, the Church of Notre Dame has been an independent parish since 1955.
United Churches of Durham (accessed 11 July 2012): One of Durham's two oldest churches, the community now functions as a member of United Churches.
Durham Fair (accessed 27 November 2012): A local tradition, the town's agricultural fair is full of history.
Durham Historical Society (accessed 27 November 2012): Founded in 1949, the Historical Society maintains Durham's history.
Durham Public Library (accessed 27 November 2012): The town's lending library, the Durham Public Library also houses a local history collection.
The Town of Durham (accessed 27 November 2012): Contact the Town Clerk for land and vital records.
Durham-Middlefield Patch (accessed 27 November 2012): The town's online newspaper, the Patch.com site covers local news and history.
Middletown Press: The area's major newspaper, the Press can be accessed online and on microfilm.
The Town Times (accessed 27 November 2012): The town's local newspaper can be accessed online.
Middletown Probate District covers Durham.
|This Connecticut-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.