Dunn County, North Dakota Genealogy
Dunn County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Dunn County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||May 24, 1901|
|Address|| Dunn County Courthouse |
205 Owens Street
PO Box 136
Manning, ND 58642
Dunn County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has marriage, probate, divorce and court records from 1908 and military discharge records from 1919; Register of Deeds has land records from 1900; State Historical Society has naturalization records
Roshua cemetery inscriptions providing the name, date of birth and date of death where available.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Dunn County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in North Dakota.
Probate records, including wills and estates, are at the county clerk's office. See also North Dakota Probate Records.
Birth, marriage, death, and divorce records may be recorded on registers, certificates, or other documents at the county clerk's office. Many records are also being digitized and put online. See North Dakota Vital Records for more information about availability and how to access them.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Dunn County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Dunn County, North Dakota. Page 523 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)