Duchesne County, Utah LDS Church Stakes and Wards
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:14, 2 April 2013 by Gbo17
Stakes in Duchesne County, 1930
- Duchesne Stake, Utah
- Boundaries: 'west part of Duchesne County, Utah, extending north to the summit of the Uintah Mountains, east to the [[Roosevelt Stake, south to the so-called Bad Land Cliffs, and west to the boundary line between Duchesne and Wasatch counties.
- Wards, 1930:'Altonah, Arcadia, Bluebell, Boneta, Duchesne, Midview, Mount Emmons, Mountain Home, Redcliff, Strawberry, Tabiona, Talmage and Upalco.
- Boundaries: west part of Uintah County and the east part of Duchesne County, Utah. The stake is bounded on the north by the Uintah Mountains, east by the White Rock River, the Sand Ridge and the Bookcliff Mountains, south by the Bookcliff Mountains, and west by the [[Duchesne Stake, Utah
- Wards, 1930: Alterra, Bennett, Cedarview, Hayden, Ioka, Leota, Moffatt, Montwel, Myton, Neola, Randlett and Roosevelt wards.
Alpha list of wards in the county
Click on a ward below for records at the FamilySearch Library. For boundaries and a history timeline for a ward, click to the 1930 stake (list above).
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p.199-200
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 718