Duchesne County, Utah Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries | Parent counties|
|Duchesne County, Utah|
Location in the state of Utah
Location of Utah in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1915|
|Address||Duchesne County Administration<br>734 N. Center<br>Duchesne, UT 84021|
|Named for: unknown|
- 1 Helful Facts
- 2 Resources
- 3 = Court Records
- 3.1 Directories
- 3.2 Ethnic and Other Groups
- 3.3 Funeral Homes
- 3.4 Gazetteers
- 3.5 Genealogy
- 3.6 History
- 3.7 Land and Property
- 3.8 Law and Legislation
- 3.9 Maps
- 3.10 Migration
- 3.11 Military
- 3.12 Native Races
- 3.13 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 3.14 Newspapers
- 3.15 Obituaries
- 3.16 Periodicals
- 3.17 Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.
- 3.18 Probate Records
- 3.19 Public Records
- 3.20 Resource Repositories
- 3.21 Taxation
- 3.22 Vital Records
- 3.23 Voting Registers
- 4 Towns and Communities
- 5 References
Duchesne County Courthouse
Duchesne, Ut 84021-0270
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1915.
County Recorder has land records from 1915.
Duchesne County, Utah Genealogy was created January 4, 1915 from: Wasatch
|Before the county was created—and perhaps until the newly-formed county was fully operational—search records of the parent counties.|
Neighboring CountiesDuchesne County, Utah Genealogy is surrounded by: Carbon | Daggett | Summit | Uintah | Utah | Wasatch
- Biographies(microfilmed originals or published transcripts) are listed in the FamilySearch Library Catalog for Duchesne County, Utah Genealogy. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see public libraries.
Business Records and Commerce
- Bridgeland Cemetery, Duchesne BillionGraves
- Duchesne Cemetery (BillionGraves), Cemetery is located south of the city on Highway 191
- Duchesne-Strawbery Located west of the city on Highway 40 just east of the Starvation Reservoir Bridge
- Fruitland Located West of the town on Highway 40
- Greenhalgh Located approximately 2 1/2 miles north of the Neola Store. Turn east just north of the canal and follow the dirt road. GPS coordinates 40°28'18.28"N 110°01'.03"W.
- Mountain Home
- Roosevelt Memorial Park (Cemetery) is located on the west end of town on US Highway 40. The cemetery has a regester of burials located in a box on the maintenance building in the center of the cemetery. A link to the cemetary is on the Roosevelt City home page
- Tabiona-Redcliff Cemetery, Tabiona BillionGraves
- Theodore (Old Duchesne) Cemetery
- Utahn Cemetery, Duchesne BillionGraves
Duchesne County Cemeteries at the Utah State Historical site
- Cemetery records(microfilmed originals or published transcripts) are listed in the FamilySearch Library Catalog for Duchesne County, Utah Genealogy. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see public libraries.
The 1920, and 1930 U.S. federal population schedules of Duchesne County are available online. For tips on accessing census records online, see Utah Census. If you're having trouble finding your ancestors in national indexes, try checking local indexes. Created by experts familiar with the area's families, these indexes are often transcribed more accurately than nationwide indexes.
See Utah Population Schedule Indexes: Fiche, Film, or Book for more information about statewide printed indexes.
Churches and Religious Groups
- Church Records(microfilmed originals or published transcripts) are listed in the FamilySearch Library Catalog for Duchesne County, Utah Genealogy. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see public libraries.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons)
Click a church unit name in the chart below for its history, boundaries, and availability of records, which are often in microfilm format
|Duchesne County, Utah Genealogy guide to history and records of LDS wards and branches|
Stake(s): Duchesne Stake, Utah · Roosevelt Stake, Utah
Places: Arcadia · Altamont · Altonah · Bluebell · Boneta · Bridgeland · Cedar View · Duchesne · Fruitland · Hanna · Ioka · Monarch · Mountain Home · Mount Emmons · Myton · Neola · Roosevelt · Tabiona · Talmage · Upalco · Utahn ·
Church units without place names: |}
Duchesne County LDS Ward and Branch Records may give additional information.
= Court Records
Ethnic and Other Groups
NOTE; Unless otherwise mentioned, the events below were gleaned from Wikipedia for
Land and Property
Law and Legislation
Naturalization and Citizenship
Small town newspapers contain obituaries, birth or death notices, community news (such as the visit of someone's relatives), legal notices and provide historical content. See Utah newspapers for tips, resources, and details.
Obituaries may mention birth, marriage, spouse, parents, and living family members. See Utah Obituaries for state level compendiums and United States Obituaries for tips and insights regarding this record type.
Obituaries for residents may be found in:
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.
In Utah, such records may be difficult to find. Try records of the church they may have attended. Realize, however, that such records may have not been preserved, and would not be in the typical records of membership.
It is possible there were records kept by civilian authorities. Ask town or county officials and local librarians and the State Archives. Also try National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (online).
Family History Centers
search parent counties
Utah Death Certificates 1904 - 1956 -A free internet access to the 1904-1956 death certificates can be viewed at FamilySearch.org in the Historical Record Collections. Utah requires a death certificate before a burial is completed. A death certificate may contain information as to the name of the deceased, date of death, and place of death, as well as the age, birthdate, parents, gender, marital status, spouse and place of residence.
Utah State Burial Index for death before 1904
Towns and Communities