Douglas County, Nevada Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1861--Douglas County was created 25 November 1861 as an original county. County seat: Minden 
|Centerville||Holbrook Junction||Minden||Tahoe Village|
|Dresslerville||Indian Hills||Mottsville||Topaz Lake|
|Edgewood||Johnson Lane||Round Hill||Walleys Hot Springs|
- Alpine County, California
- El Dorado County, California
- Mono County, California
- Placer County, California
451 marriages from 11 Feb 1862 to 12 Jun 1919 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Douglas County Historical Society
Carson Valley Museum & Cultural Center
1477 U. S. Highway 395 N, Suite B
Gardnerville, Nevada 89410
Phone: (775) 782-2555
Carson Valley Historical Society
P. O. Box 165
Genoa, Nevada 89411
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).