Douglas County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 History
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
- 1858--Douglas County was created 8 March 1858 from Cass and Pembina (Old) Counties. County seat: Alexandria 
- For a brief history of how Douglas County was named, click here, then select Douglas County.
- In 1858 the territory of Douglas County was attached to Stearns County for civil and judicial purposes.
Alexandria | Brandon | Carlos | Evansville | Forada | Garfield | Kensington | Millerville | Miltona | Nelson | Osakis
Alexandria Township | Belle River Township | Brandon Township | Carlos Township | Evansville Township | Holmes City Township | Hudson Township | Ida Township | La Grand Township | Lake Mary Township | Leaf Valley Township | Lund Township | Millerville Township | Miltona Township | Moe Township | Orange Township | Osakis Township | Solem Township | Spruce Hill Township | Urness Township
- County Recorder has land records from the late 1800’s.
- Douglas County Naturalization Records 1867 to 1947
- County Recorder has birth, marriage, and death records from 1890
- Address: Douglas County Courthouse, 305 8th Ave. W, Alexandria, MN 56308
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).