Douglas County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Family History Centers
- 7 Web Sites
1855--Douglas County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Lawrence 
Early migration routes to and from Douglas County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Spencer Research Library—Kansas Collections (includes Douglas County Records)
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-2800
Phone: (913) 864-4274
Watkins Community Museum of History
1047 Massachusetts Street
Lawrence, KS 66044
Phone: (785) 841-4109
Kansas State Historical Society
6425 SW Sixth Avenue
Topeka, KS 66615-1099
Phone: (913) 272-8681 Ext. 117
Fax: (913) 272-8682
Family History Centers
Lawrence Kansas FHC
3655 W. 10th St.
Lawrence, KS 66049
Hours: Monday 10:30am-5pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 7pm-8:30pm; Saturday 9:30am-1pm
This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Douglas County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).