Douglas County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Family History Centers
- 7 Web Sites
Douglas County Courthouse
111 E 11th;
Lawrence, KS 66044
Clerk Discharge Court has probate and court records from 1863
naturalization records 1867-1953. Registrar of Deeds has land records.
Spencer Research Lib has marriage 1863-1912. 
1855--Douglas County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Lawrence 
Early migration routes to and from Douglas County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Douglas County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Kansas.
- Men from Douglas county enlisted in the 1st Infantry Regiment, Company A and 20th Regiment, Company H.
Societies and Libraries
Spencer Research Library—Kansas Collections (includes Douglas County Records)
University of Kansas
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence, KS 66045-7616
Phone: (785) 864-4334
Watkins Community Museum of History
1047 Massachusetts Street
Lawrence, KS 66044
Phone: (785) 841-4109
Kansas Historical Society
6425 SW Sixth Avenue
Topeka, KS 66615-1099
Phone: (785) 272-8681
Fax: (785) 272-8682
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project: Douglas County, Kansas. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county.
- Douglas County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Douglas County, Kansas page 250 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 2 August, 2012)