Dorchester County, Maryland Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:45, 21 January 2009 by Dsammy (a)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Dorchester County Office Building
501 Court Lane
Cambridge, MD 21613
- Named for Edward Sackville, the Earl of Dorset, a family friend of the Calvert family.
- Created 27 May 1668 from Colonial lands.
- 15 June 1773, Caroline County was set off.
Dorchester County cemetery transcriptions in the US Genweb Project and other sources. http://www.idreamof.com/cemetery/md/dorchester.html
- 1776 Transcription and Index
- 1850 Slave
- 1860 Slave
Societies and Libraries
- The Dorchester County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Dorchester County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Dorchester County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Dorchester County.