Diss, Norfolk Genealogy
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Diss had two churches Diss St Mary, Norfolk survives as the parish church whilst the later chapel of St Nicholas appears to have been lost.
Diss has a large concentration of surviving Tudor buildings and St Nicholas Street in common with much of the ancient town could contain the frame of the 15th century chapel probably a wooden structure.