Deuel County, South Dakota Genealogy
Deuel County, South Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Deuel County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||April 5, 1862|
|County Seat||Clear Lake|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Deuel County Courthouse
PO Box 125
Clear Lake, SD 57226
Register of Deeds has birth records from 1876, death
records from 1905 and burial records from 1941; County
Treasurer has marriage records from 1887; Clerk
Court has divorece and probate records from 1889 and
court records from 1880
1862--Deuel County was created 5 April 1862 from unorganized territory.
County seat: Clear Lake 
- Lac qui Parle County, Minnesota
- Lincoln County, Minnesota
- Yellow Medicine County, Minnesota
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Deuel County, South Dakota, p.624
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).