Denver Colorado Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Denver Colorado Family HIstory Center has served the central Denver metropolitan area and part of Aurora for many years. It was the first such Center in Colorado.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 2710 South Monaco Parkway, Denver, CO 80224, United States. This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- The Center is located at the corner of Yale and Monaco in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The entrance is in the northwest corner of the building. There is ample free parking available.
- Map to Denver Colorado Family History Center
Phone: 303-756-0220 (Call during Family History Center hours)
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Thursday 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Closed Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend
- Closed July 4
- Closed the first Saturday in April and October
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last two weeks of December
- Other sporadic closings through the year.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)