Denver Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Denver Colorado Family HIstory Center has served the central Denver metropolitan area and part of Aurora for many years. It was the first such Center in Colorado.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2710 South Monaco Parkway, Denver, CO 80224, United States.
- This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- The Center is located in the building at the corner of Yale and Monaco. The entrance is in the northwest corner of the building. There is ample free parking available.
- Location on Map
Phone: 303-756-0220 (Call during Family History Center hours)
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Closed March 17 through April 1
- Closed May 24 through June 3
- Closed the first Saturday in April and October
- Closed June 29 through July 6
- Closed August 31 through September 7
- November 27 through December 2
- December 20 through January 6.
Calendar and Events
The Center conducts regular weekly genealogy courses available free to the public. If you would like to be notified of the class schedule, please submit your request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 10 - 6:00 p.m. - FamilySearch.org Catalog and Historical Records by Vickie Carter
- February 17 - 6:00 p.m. - FamilySearch.org Research WIKI and Research Courses by Joann James
- February 24 - 6:00 p.m. - FamilySearch.org Genealogies by Joan Kemp
- March 10 - 6:00 p.m. - Sourcing by Joy Young
- Family History Library Catalog: This Center will assist patrons to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. Patrons will place their orders on any computer with an Internet connection using the new Online Film Ordering system in our area beginning September 21, 2011. The film ordering Web site is located at https://www.familysearch.org/films. There patrons can create a personal account and select the preferred family history center where the films they order will be sent. They can make payment using a credit or debit card, or by PayPal.
- The Denver Colorado Family History Center has a collection of microfilms and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This Center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the Center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- There are personal computers, printers, microfilm and microfiche readers available in this Center for patron use on a first come, first served basis.
- In addition, this Center has a digital imaging system that allows patrons to print or capture selected microfilm/microfiche images on their personal stick drives or CDs.
- Wireless connections are available for personal laptops.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)