Delta County, Michigan Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1843--Delta County was created from Mackinac County and unorganized Territories. County seat: Escanaba 
- Cities: Escanaba . Gladstone
- Village: Garden
- Townships: Baldwin . Bark River . Nay de Noc . Brampton . Cornell . Ensign . Escanaba . Fairbanks . Ford River . Garden . Maple Ridge . Masonville . Nahma . Wells
- Communities: Bark River . Fayette . Garden Cornes . Isabella . Schaffer . Rapid River
Societies and Libraries
- Delta County Historical Society
P.O. Box 484
Escanaba, MI 49829
Newsletter: "The Delta Historian"
- Delta County Genealogical Society
Escanaba, MI 49829
This link takes the researcher to a GENWEB page with several online databases, including births, marriages, cemetery records, the library catalog with entries by ethnicity, surname, etc; probate records, and Civil War records. However, the site is not maintained by the Genealogical Society. Their holdings at the Escanaba City Library include numerous Canadian resources listed according to province, county, then parish, Delta County and Michigan resources, many genealogies, local histories and records, as well as histories, research tools, and other publications for most of the United States, Canada, and several European countries.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Delta County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
References1. "The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America", 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).