Difference between revisions of "Delphos, Ohio"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (updated breadcrumb)
Line 19: Line 19:
  
 
*Gravemarker photos  
 
*Gravemarker photos  
**[http://www.delphos-ohio.com/history/hartshor.htm Hartshorn Cemetery]  
+
**[http://www.delphos-ohio.com/hartshor.htm Hartshorn Cemetery]  
**[http://www.delphos-ohio.com/history/landeck.htm Landeck Cemetery]  
+
**[http://www.delphos-ohio.com/landeck.htm Landeck Cemetery]  
**[http://www.delphos-ohio.com/history/walnut.htm Walnut Grove Cemetery]  
+
**[http://www.delphos-ohio.com/walnut.htm Walnut Grove Cemetery]  
**[http://www.delphos-ohio.com/history/westside.htm Westside Cemetery]
+
**[http://www.delphos-ohio.com/westside.htm Westside Cemetery]
  
 
=== Church Records  ===
 
=== Church Records  ===

Revision as of 23:48, 20 October 2012

Template:Ohio-stubUnited StatesGotoarrow.png OhioGotoarrow.pngAllen CountyGotoarrow.png Delphos

City Hall

City of Delphos
608 N. Canal St.
Delphos, OH 45833

History

The city was founded amidst the Great Black Swamp in 1844 on the Miami and Erie Canal by the German-born Reverend John Otto Bredeick and his brother Ferdinand Bredeick, both from Verl, Germany. The Canal brought early prosperity to the community, providing access to Toledo and Cincinnati. By the 20th century, the Canal had declined in importance, but railroads provided access to markets. (Wikipedia)

Resources

Cemeteries

Church Records

Local Societies

Local Websites