Delaware, United States Genealogy
- This article is about the eastern U.S. state. For other uses, see Delaware (disambiguation).
|Delaware Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
the First State
- DE was part of "New Sweden." Many early church records were in Swedish.
- Later, Delaware was also briefly part of New Netherland.
- Due to boundary disputes, some early DE land records are found in MD.
Click on the map to go to a county page. Hover over it to see a county name. To see a larger map, click here.
Major RepositoriesDelaware Public Archives · Historical Society of Delaware · Delaware Genealogical Society · National Archives Mid Atlantic Region (Philadelphia) · Allen County Public Library
Delaware River · King's Highway
The article, United States Emigration and Immigration lists several important sources for finding information about immigrants. These nationwide sources include references to people who settled in Delaware. Also, the Tracing Immigrant Origins article introduces the principles, search strategies, and additional record types you can use to identify an immigrant ancestor's hometown.
- The Delaware GenWeb Project provides county information about formation date, parent county, county seat, bibliography, cemeteries, census, churches, towns, history, look ups, obituaries, queries, repositories, surname registry, and many Internet links.
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: