Decatur County, Kansas Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1873--Decatur County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Oberlin 
- Furnas County, Nebraska
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska
- Red Willow County, Nebraska
Decatur County Cemeteries gives the location of each cemetery and a transcription of graves in that cemetery. Some cemeteries have not been transcribed as yet.
Links to Deaths in Decatur County links to Obituaries, 1880 Mortality Schedule, Registered Deaths November 28, 1885-July 1, 1911, and The Obituary Daily Times web site
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).