De Lamar, Idaho

From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:15, 4 September 2010 by Jbparker (talk | contribs) (added history and school info)

Jump to: navigation, search

United States > Idaho > Owyhee County > De Lamar

Quick Facts

Former name

The original settlement was at Wagontown, located about 2 miles below the center of the later town of De Lamar.

Geographic location

De Lamar is on the banks of Jordan Creek, about 9 miles from Silver City, in the mining district of Owyhee County.

Resources

Cemeteries

History

The original mines on De Lamar Mountain were sold in September 1888 to Captain De Lamar, who developed his properties by building a mill, a hotel and several other buildings. He was bought out in 1891 by the De Lamar Mining Company of London, England, who continued to develop the claims and the town.[1]

Newspaper

School Records

In 1898, De Lamar had a school for approximately 150 students.[2]

Websites

References

  1. A Historical, Descriptive and Commercial Directory of Owyhee County, Idaho, January, 1898. Silver City, Idaho: Press of the Owyhee Avalanche, 1898.
  2. A Historical, Descriptive and Commercial Directory of Owyhee County, Idaho, January, 1898. Silver City, Idaho: Press of the Owyhee Avalanche, 1898.

Template:Idaho-stub