DeKalb County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:31, 4 August 2011 by Eduvic
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
See Georgia Counties: Their Changing Boundaries (Georgia Archives)
1842 and 1898 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Cities: Atlanta, Avondale Estates, Chamblee, Clarkston, Decatur, Doraville, Dunwoody, Lithonia, Pine Lake, Stone Mountain.
- Communities: Belvedere Park, Candler-McAfee, Druid Hills, Gresham Park, North Druid Hills, Toco Hills, Panthersville, Redan, Scottdale, Tucker, Briarcliff, Brookhaven, Collinsville, Conley, Constitution, Ellenwood, Embry Hills, Mechanicsville, Mountain View, Northlake, Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Skyland, Turner Hill, Adair Park, Belmont, Carver Hills, College Heights, Columbia Park, Cross Keys, Edgewood, Emory, Flat Rock, Klondike, Kirkwood, Lenox Place, Lynwood Park, Medlock, Montreal, Nelms, Parkwood, Pea Ridge, Rehoboth, Rock Chapel, Shermantown, Silver Lake, Smokerise, Stonehaven, Sundown, Winnona Park.
Societies and Libraries
- DeKalb History Center - Local historical society with online databases for cemetery, marriage, land, and military records.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- DeKalb County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "Johann de Kalb," Wikipedia.
- Georgia Counties: Their Changing Boundaries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).