Darke County, Ohio Genealogy
|Darke County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Miami County 3 January 1809.
- County Seat: Greenville
- Neighboring Counties: Darke County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Mercer (north) · Miami and Shelby (east) · Preble (south) · Randolph County, Indiana and Wayne County, Indiana (west)
See an interactive map of Darke County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Jay County, Indiana
- Randolph County, Indiana
- Wayne County, Indiana
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Darke County.
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Darke County Genealogical Researchers: Large collections of varying types of genealogical records
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).