Danville California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Danville California Family History Center has been open and serving the community for almost two decades. Patrons throughout our communitry are most welcome during library hours. We have a friendly staff with experience and enthusiams who volunteer to help you to use our resources, including the Family Search web portal to over a dozen subscription-based genealogical research services, such as Ancestry.com. In addition, you may order online and have films shipped from the main Salt Lake for viewing in our center.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Adress: 2949 Stone Valley Rd, Danville, California, 94526
- Location on Map
- Wed - Thurs: 10am-4pm
- Tues - Wed: 7pm-9pm
Holiday Schedule:Closed major Holidays, Thanksgiving week and as two weeks of December through New Years day.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- A catalog of all of the books, periodicals, CD's and extended loan microfilms and microfiche held by the Danville Family History Center is available online
- Danville Family History Center Catalog search page
- Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog Search Page
- NOTE : When using the link to the Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog you are searching the catalogs of 15 family history centers. When you find a resource of interest, be sure to click on the "Show Copies" tab to see which location has the book, film. microfiche or CD you are interested in.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Eight computers
- Three microfilm readers
- Microfiche reader
- Microfilm printer
- Microfilm scanner
- Laser and inkjet printers
- WiFi access
- Small collection of reference books.
Staff Research Specialties
- Internet, US research, United Kingdon, Scandinavian, German and other specialties
- Refer to [Wiki] for other assistance.
Resources in the Local Area
- [[www.srvgensoc.org|San Ramon Valley Genealogical Society
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)