Daniels County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Daniels County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Daniels County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1920|
|Address|| Daniels County Courthouse|
213 Main Street
PO Box 247
Scobey, MT 59263
Daniels County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Church Records
- 2.4 Court Records
- 2.5 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.6 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.7 Genealogy
- 2.8 History
- 2.9 Land and Property
- 2.10 Maps
- 2.11 Migration
- 2.12 Military
- 2.13 Newspapers
- 2.14 Obituaries
- 2.15 Probate
- 2.16 Public Records
- 2.17 Repositories
- 2.18 Taxation
- 2.19 Vital Records
- 2.20 Web Sites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 30 August 1920 from Valley and Sheridan
- County seat: Scobey 
- Neighboring Counties: Roosevelt | Sheridan | Valley
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
County Clerk Recorder has birth and death records from 1920 and land records; Clerk Court has marriage, divorce and probate records from 1920; Clerk District has court records
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
The largest portion of the Fort Peck Indian Reservation is located in Roosevelt County, with small portions in Daniels, Sheridan, and Valley Counties.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 415.