Dakota County, Minnesota Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1849--Dakota County was created 27 October 1849 from unorganized territory. County seat: Hastings 
- For a brief history of how Dakota County was named, click here. Then select Dakota County.
Apple Valley | Burnsville | Coates | Eagan | Farmington | Hampton | Hastings | Inver Grove Heights
Lakeville | Lilydale | Mendota | Mendota Heights | Miesville | New Trier | Northfield | Randolph
Rosemount | South St. Paul | Sunfish Lake | Vermillion | West St. Paul
Castle Rock | Douglas | Empire Township |Eureka | Greenvale | Hampton | Marshan | Nininger | Ravenna
Sciota | Vermillion | Waterford
- Dakota County Historical Society Online cemetery records.
- Dakota County Historical Society Searchable Dakota County census databases for the years 1857, 1860, 1865, 1875, 1880, 1885, 1900, 1920, and 1930.
- Dakota County Historical Society Mortality censuses for Dakota County for 1870 and 1880.
- Dakota County Historical Society Native American censuses for Dakota County for the years 1900 and 1910.
- Catholic Church Records for Dakota County The Dakota Historical Society has microfilmed all the records of all the Catholic Churches in Dakota County. Use the searchable index to find baptism, marriage and death records.
- Dakota Historical Society Brief history of Dakota County.
- Dakota Historical Society Interactive map of Dakota Co. townships and villages. Click on a township and read its brief history.
- Dakota Historical Society Interactive map of Dakota County historical sites. Click on the map to read details of the historical sites.
- Dakota County Historical Society -- Online marriage and divorce records.
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).