Crystal Lake Illinois Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Class Schedule - All classes are FREE
- 4 Center Resources
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
480 North Walkup Ave.
Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014
Please come and see our new FHC location (enter using the NE door facing Walkup Rd.) Ring buzzer.
Open Hours: Tues 10am-4pm; Wed&Fri 10am-1pm; Tues-Thur 7pm-9:30pm; Sat 11am-3pm
CLOSED: Wed. (July 11) and Thurs. (July 12) due to paving of Walkup in front of the church.
ATTENTION: Be aware that there is major road construction in front of our building. On July 8th, only the south entrance to the parking lot was open. (This may vary during the week as they put in curb and gutter) It is necessary to drive around to the north side of the building and enter at the NE door.
Holiday Schedule: Major Holidays & Holiday Weekends
Calendar and Events
See class schedule below:
Class Schedule - All classes are FREE
If you are interested in attending a class, please email us at email@example.com
Space is limited. If a class fills, we'll contact you and put your name on a waiting list.
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: (Premium websites you can use for FREE at an FHC only)
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access NewspaperArchive.com
- Alexander Street Press – The American Civil War
- Ancestry.com (The Library Edition)
- Find My Past
- Fold3 (the old Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 5 microfilm readers
- 1 microfilm reader/printer
- 1 microfiche reader
- Paper copier
- Flatbed scanner