Crow Indian Agency (Montana)
The Crow Indian Agency is the administrative office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs on the Blackfeet Reservation in Montana.
Many of the historical records of this agency are housed in the Rocky Mountain Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Denver, Colorado. Records in that collection which may be of assistance to the genealogist include:
- Annuity payrolls, 1892-1915
- Vouchers and schedules documenting payments to individual Indians, 1916- 60
- Allotment registers, 1907-22
- Heirship project worksheets, 1940-41
- Copies of Indian wills, 1911-39
- Records pertaining to heirship cases, 1900-41
- Closed estate case files, 1958-89
- Tract books, 1884-1907, with index, ca. 1907
- Census rolls and enumerations, 1886-1953
- Family registers, 1902-17
- Registers of births and deaths, 1890-1921
- School censuses, 1906-43
- Monthly school attendance reports, 1929-32
- Student case files, 1929-48.
Many more records of lesser genealogical value are also in this collection.