Crook County, Oregon Genealogy
|Crook County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||October 24, 1882|
|Address|| Crook County Courthouse|
300 NE 3rd, Rm 3
Prineville, OR 97754
|Named for: Gen. George Crook|
- 1 Records Held at the Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Crook County Court House as of October 2003.
- Record Loss:
Quick FactsNamed for Gen. George Crook, American general in Civil War and Indian Wars.
17 February 1899: Wheeler County was set off.
12 December 1914: Jefferson County was set off
13 December 1916: Deschutes County was set off.
Places / Localities
The preceding list of places includes incorporated cities and towns, unincorporated towns and communities, and place names that may have been used in family histories. Some have well-organized records and even have web sites. Some are simply social communities with no official records, but which may be referenced in small-town newspapers. The list is provided to help researchers identify localities within the county. As records or histories of these localities are identified, a page will be added for each of these place names.
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- The Crook County GenWeb Project part of The ORGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Crook County