Cromer, Norfolk Genealogy
Cromer St Peter and St Paul is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich. There is an extensive history written by Christopher Pipe and published by Poppyland Publishing, however, their website provides a considerable amount of information on this parish.
Non-denominations idenified her are Wesleyan Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Images of the parish registers may be viewed online in Historic Records (formerly Record Search) Norfolk Record Office reference PD 523.
Parish Registers for Cromer covering 1689-1909 available online in our Historical Record collections. They are on film #'s:
- Baptisms and burials, 1689-1785; marriages, 1696-1755. Baptisms and burials, 1785-1812. Baptisms, 1813-1838. Baptisms, 1838-1859. Baptisms, 1859-1898. Baptisms, 1898-1901. Marriages, 1757-1812; banns, 1757-1816. Marriages, 1813-1837. Marriages, 1837-1894: Film # 1597127 Items 27-35.
- Marriages, 1894-1899. Marriages, 1899-1901. Burials, 1813-1853. Burials, 1853-1909. Banns, 1823-1877. Banns, 1878-1904. Film # 1597128 Items 1-6
- Archdeacons Transcripts are available online at our Historical Record collections. The film # 1526816 Item 4 which covers Baptisms and burials 1725-1812 Marriages 1728, 1757-1812.
- Cromer Old Cemetery, Holt Rd., 1830-1960: Monumental Inscriptions: 2299458 Items 10-11.
http://www.btinternet.com/~e.c.apling/1891Census/Cromer.htm transcript of 1891 census
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.