Crawford County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Crawford County Courthouse
PO Box 249;
Girard, KS 66743-0249
County Clerk has birth and death records 1886-1911
and burial records 1860’s-1976.
Clerk District Court has marriage, divorce, probate, court and naturalization records.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1869 military records. 
- 1867--Crawford County was created 13 February 1867 from Bourbon and Cherokee Counties. County seat: Girard 
- Barton County, Missouri
- Jasper County, Missouri
- Vernon County, Missouri
The Crawford County Genealogical Society offer several CD's for sale. One of those is Tombstone Transcriptions of All Known Cemeteries in Crawford County, Kansas 1867-1976. The price of this CD is $12 for members of the Genealogical Society and $22 for non-members. Membership is $13 per year.
Some Crawford County burials can be found online at http://skyways.lib.ks.ur/genweb/crawfor/cemetery.html or http://www.interment.net/us/ks/crawford.htm.
- Map of Crawford County townships (Histopolis)
- For information about Civil War records see Bourbon County.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Joplin, Missouri newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news that included residents from Crawford County communities.
Societies and Libraries
- The Crawford County Genealogical Society can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com or at 308 N. Walnut, Pittsburg, KS 66762.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Crawford County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Crawford County, Kansas page 249 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).