Difference between revisions of "Covina California Family History Center"
|Line 64:||Line 64:|
=== Resources in the Local Area<br>
=== Resources in the Local Area<br> ===
Revision as of 22:19, 23 August 2011
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 656 S. Grand Ave.
- Covina, Califronia 91724
- Entrance is found at the front of the church building facing Grand Ave.
- There are numerous parking spaces including handy cap spaces, with wheel chair access.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: 1 (626) 331-7117
Open Hours: Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday 9am to 9pm each day.
Holiday Schedule: Closed: New Year Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Last two weeks of August, Labor Day,Thanksgiving week end and last 2 weeks of December.
Library Resources: Trained Volunteer staff, Staff Specialist-England, Italy, Spanish, Sweden.others
Book Collection, Reference Aids, Map collection, Computer Programs, Internet
Connections, Microfilm Readers, Microfiche Readers, Access to 2,000,000
Microfilm, Microfiche rolls of records, Internet ordering of film, Go to
covinafamilyhistory.blogspot.com for more information and training.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Book Collections, Reference Aids, Map Collections,Computer Programs for map and county location, Access to over 2,000,000 rolls of Microfilm/Microfiche with over 800 rolls of spanish and
- 1000 rolls of German, English and other items on site.
Databases and Software
- Numerous Genealogical Programs in our central server. A Family History Portal Site which gives access to premium family history software and website free, (Ancestery.com, footnote.com etc.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Multiple Microfilm readers, Microfiche readers, Digital film scanner,Numerous computers, printers, etc.
Staff Research Specialties
Numerous Trained Volunteer staff (20), Specialist in England, Italy, Spanish, Sweden. and a Genealogical Missionary for the Family Histrory support.
Resources in the Local Area
With in 30 miles of the Covina Family History Center we have 3 larger Family Hisotry Center and a National Archives Center.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)