Court of the Royal Peculiar of Bridgnorth
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Probate Records Held in This Archive" (below) to determine what original probate records exist for this court. Also see "Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library".
3. Contact or visit Shropshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes at the Family History Library
- "Calendar of Shropshire wills and administrations deposited in the Shrewsbury District Probate Registry, 1630-1857"
- Index to Grants 1600-1858
The surviving original records are deposited at:
Community Services, Castle Gates
Shropshire SY1 2AQ
Tel 44+ (0)1743 255350
Probate Records of This Court Held in This Archive
- Original Wills 1697-1858
Probate Records of This in The Family History Library
This peculiar (smaller) probate court held jurisdiction over the parish of Prees or otherwise known as Pipe Minor, Shropshire and over Tipton and Stafford St Chad parishes in Staffordshire.