Court of the Peculiar of the Treasurer of Salisbury in the Prebendal of Calne
Return to the Wiltshire Probate Records page.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Probate Records of This Court" (below) to determine what original probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Here two websites providing online indexes to Wiltshire Wills:
- The Wiltshire County Record Office's [online Will Index 1540-1858]
- Genuki provides a gateway to these 1000 abstract Wills
Printed and Manuscript Indexes
Indexes in The Family History Library
Wiltshire and Swindon Archives
Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre
Wiltshire SN15 3QN
Tel: 44 (0)1249 705500
Fax: 44 (0)1249 705527 Website
Probate Records of This Court Held in This Archive
Original Wills & Administrations 1610-1858
Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library
Abstracts of Wills for Calne. Years not given
Court has jurisdiction over: Alderbury with Farley and Pitton, Berwick Bassett, Blackland, Cherhill & Figheildean. Treasurer's jurisdiction uninhibited.