Court of the Peculiar of the Rector of Bredon with Norton and Cutsdean
Return to the Worcestershire Probate Records page.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Worcestershire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
- Wills in Peculiars 1668-1788
- Wills in the Peculiar Court of Bredon 1717-1772 (wills not in alpha order; note the year of probate referenced for each will)
Printed and Published Indexes
The original records are deposited at:
The Worcestershire Record Office
Tel: 44 (0)1905 766351 / 766355
Fax: 44 (0)1905 766363
Original Wills 1668-1791
Wills & Administrations 17th to 18th Century]
Family History Library Records
This peculiar court held jurisdiction over the Worcestershire parishes of Bredon, Cutsdean and Norton.