Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Sleaford
Getting Started or Step by Step?
The Family History Library has Index to records of Lincoln Peculiar Courts, 1610-1827, on film 199985. The film covers the peculiars of Caistor, Louth, Heydour, Corringham, Bishop Norton, Kirton in Lindsey, Gretton, Empingham, Biggleswade and Sleaford or Lafford. Probate records indexed here include courts whose jurisdictions cover Northamptonshire, Rutlandshire and Bedfordshire in addition to Lincolnshire.The specific years for Sleaford are 1610-1827.
The original records are in the Lincolnshire Archives.
The Family History Library has Wills and administrations, 1610-1834, as follows. Films can be view in the library or in a family history center.
- 1670-1683 on film 200113; names "B" through "W", folio numbers 1-37. The will of John Manton is out of place in "B". Has some inventories.
- 1609-1698 on film 200113; names "A" through "P", folio numbers 38-139. The pages are in poor condition, some torn or dark.
- 1609-1700 on film 200114, "P" through "W", folio numbers 140-169.
- 1700-1748 on film number 200114, "A" through "W", folio numbers 170-312. These are in poor condition.
- 1748-1800 on film number 200115, "A" through "W". folio numbers 313-426.
- 1800-1834 on film number 200115, "A" through "F", folio numbers 427-471. The testator's death date is on some supplementary documents. Some probate acts are included. The pages are in fairly good condition.
- 1801-1834 on film 200116, "F" through "W", folio numbers 473-557. These documents ar in modern English, and good condition. They are followed by some old English documents, folio numbers 1-19 in the 1600's and 1700's in no particular order. Names are in the margin and the probate acts are in Latin.
Sleaford, including Old Sleaford and Holdingham, Audleby, Clixby, Fonaby, Hundon and Holton Le Moor.