Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Sleaford
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has Index to records of Lincoln Peculiar Courts on film 199985. Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center. The specific years for Sleaford are 1610-1827.
The original records are in the collection of the Lincolnshire Archives Office.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has Wills and administrations, 1610-1834, on film. Details on the films follow. Films can be view in the library or in a family history center.
- 1670-1683 on film 200113; names "B" through "W", folio numbers 1-37. The will of John Manton is out of place in "B". Has some inventories.
- 1609-1698 on film 200113; names "A" through "P", folio numbers 38-139. The pages are in poor condition, some torn or dark.
- 1609-1700 on film 200114, "P" through "W", folio numbers 140-169.
- 1700-1748 on film number 200114, "A" through "W", folio numbers 170-312. These are in poor condition.
- 1748-1800 on film number 200115, "A" through "W". folio numbers 313-426.
- 1800-1834 on film number 200115, "A" through "F", folio numbers 427-471. The testator's death date is on some supplementary documents. Some probate acts are included. The pages are in fairly good condition.
- 1801-1834 on film 200116, "F" through "W", folio numbers 473-557. These documents ar in modern English, and good condition. They are followed by some old English documents, folio numbers 1-19 in the 1600's and 1700's in no particular order. Names are in the margin and the probate acts are in Latin.
Sleaford, including Old Sleaford and Holdingham, Audleby, Clixby, Fonaby, Hundon and Holton Le Moor.