Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Stow Longa
Getting Started: Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.<br>
2. Proceed to the "Probate Records Held in This Archive" (below) to determine what original probate records exist for this court. Also see "Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library".<br>
3. Contact or visit Huntingdon Library and Archives or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.<br>
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.<br>
Contact the Huntingdon Library and Archives about indexes to probate material.
An index to probate documents, 1549-1859, is published in the Transactions of the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Archaeological Society, volume 3 pages 79-80. It includes all peculiars in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdonshire but it is not clear if all years and types of probate material is included.
The records for this court are housed in the Huntingdon Library and Archives.
The Family History Library has the following records. Films can be view in the library or in a family history center.
- Wills, 1661-1857, on film number 187897
- Admons, 1737-1837, on film number 187898
- Inventories, 1733-1848, on [http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C0%2C0&titleno=311901&disp=Probate+records++ film
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Stow Longa, Easton, Spaldwick, Stow, Barham and Catworth Parva.