Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Liddington
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Index to the wills and administrations proved and granted in the Archdeaconry Court of Leicester, 1660-1750 : and in the Peculiars of St. Margaret, Leicester, and Rothley ; and the Rutland Peculiars of Caldecott, Ketton and Tixover, and Liddington prior to 1821.
The original records for this court are in the Lincolnshire Archives Office.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has Original wills, 1668-1810 on film. The following records are listed in the library's catalog as Caldecote, but also include records for Liddington. Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
- Probate records, 1574-1820
- Will abstracts, 1580-1821
- Wills, administrations and inventiories, ca. 1720-1840
Over the parishes of Caldecott, Ketton, Tixover and Liddington.