Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of Rothley (Commissary Court)
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Probate Records Held in This Archive" (below) to determine what original probate records exist for this court. Also see "Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library".
3. Contact or visit The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records;&nbsp;then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the&nbsp;original wills and admons also&nbsp;on microfilm via any&nbsp;centers&nbsp;near you.
- Calendars of wills and administrations relating to the county of Leicester, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Leicester, 1495-1649 : and in the peculiars of St. Margaret Leicester, Rothley, Groby, Evington, and the unproved will, etc., previous to 1801
Family History Library Records
This court had jurisdiction over the following parishes: Barsby, South Croxton, Gaddesby, Grimston, Keyham, Mountsorrel, Rothley, Saxelby, part of Somerby, Wartnaby, Wycomb and Chadwell.